Frequently asked questions
- What if I started the registration process and never received the verification email?
Simply logon to the website after 2 hours and you should be able to proceed or if you still can’t complete your registration process after 24 hours, please contact us via the ‘Contact page’ on the website.
- If you registered a profile, does it mean you can chat to other members on the site?
No, you are only able to communicate and make full use of the site when you have completed (paid) your subscription.
- Will I be debited every month for a subscription?
NO, we do not do debit orders. The initial amount you paid will allow you to make full use of the site for 3 months. After the three months it’s entirely up to you whether you would like to continue to make use of the site and pay for a new 3-month subscription.
- Why unlike other sites is there no FREE option?
Ghoob was created for only serious Muslim individuals from our beautiful country South Africa who wants to complete “half their deen” and is certainly not a platform for PLAYERS.
- Why am I seeing many profiles, but I’m unable to communicate to them?
These are registered members, but did not complete their subscription yet
- Why do I see blurry profiles, but they are online?
You will have to send them a friend request. When they accept, you will be able to start chatting to them.
- Why are fellow members only responding to my messages hours later?
If they are not online at the time, they will receive an email notification that someone sent them a message on Ghoob and when they logon they will see there’s new messages in their message folder. As you become more acquainted you will set a time that are convenient for both parties to have longer chats.
- Can I only have a private profile as a subscribed member?
Please explore “settings” on your profile and see All the options you have.
- How do I start chatting?
click on “search” and set your parameters. Identify someone that interests you. If the persons profile is private, send a friend request or if not private simply click on “write message” (don’t forget to see who “viewed” you – all available in your account settings)
- Am I allowed to change my profile?
Yes, you can upload more photos and change the “About me..” etc.
- If someone irritates me, can I block them from contacting me?
Yes, you are in full control with the “Block” option
- After how long should I set up a meeting with someone that I feel there’s potential for a future?
That’s entirely up to you. However, we cannot emphasise enough…..Safety safety and safety first! Take your Mahram with you!